Sunday, March 21, 2021

Getting help is okay

F26 5’6 SW:209 CW:184 GW:155 Today I am officially overweight, many of you have experienced this and it feels so funny to say. But, today I left obesity behind me. I have been trying to lose this weight for five years, I have lost it and gained it at least twice. I genuinely have tried everything.

I want my story to encourage people to get the help that they need. I have done weight watchers, noom, South Beach diet, keto, whole 30, calorie counting, extreme exercise, and everything else that you can think of. No, I wasn’t perfectly consistent. No, I wasn’t perfect when I tried. Who knows maybe I did all of this wrong.

This all started when I was 21. I went on an IUD form of birth control. Up until this point in my life I had normal acne, weight fluctuations and normal pms. In the two years I had my IUD I gained 50 pounds. I got cystic acne and I began to feel extremely paranoid and self conscious. I began dieting and working out regularly as I started gaining this weight and I felt betrayed by my body. After two years, I asked to have my iud removed and was met with discouragement from my doctor. I was surprised she didn’t think it caused any of my new symptoms. She convinced me to switch from a hormonal IUD to a copper IUD. During the time I had my copper iud I had a very painful cyst burst and the weight gain continue. I was barely eating and I was working out daily. I finally was able to get my doctor to take out my iud. I was convinced that within the first two months I would see these horrendous side effects melt away. To my shock nothing changed. I continued to eat healthy and work out. I tried to give my body time to adjust to the change, hoping I could go back to what I was before. A year later and still no change. I began trying different diets. I tried different sports and I consistently told my doctors of my exhaustion, inability to lose weight, my acne and my overall depression and hopelessness. I finally reached the point where I needed help and I went to a weight-loss doctor at year 3. I found out that I was suffering from a severe hormone imbalance and I was also diagnosed with PCOS. I had insulin resistance and I was one point away from being pre-diabetic. My doctor put me on metformin and told me to avoid pasta/bread/fries and generally unhealthy food. He also told me to exercise 30 minutes a day. I started taking metformin and instantly felt a difference in my body. Combined with metformin and noom I was able to loose 25 pounds. I was ecstatic. I got my blood sugar down to a reasonable number and finally started to feel good again. Then last year in March I left my insufferable job and started working as a pharmaceutical sales representative. I continued to take metformin and lost a few more pounds. Then the pandemic hit. I like many others fell off the band wagon. I stopped taking my medicine, and quickly gained the weight back. I was up 10 pounds from my highest weight. Throughout the pandemic I made a small effort to eat healthy and I did continue to exercise. Finally I was able to land my dream job and I had the ability to afford more expensive treatment. I made a decision that I didn’t want to be miserable any more.

I went to red mountain weight loss and started their RM3 program. I am extremely money motivated so paying that much for treatment was another way to help me keep to it. The serving sizes were reasonable and it was no more restrictive than the whole 30 diet. Within the first month I lost 15 pounds, a feat which would have normally taken me 3-5 months to achieve at great sacrifice. I continued the program, losing an additional 10 pounds the following month. I am writing this on the 3rd day of the 3rd month with this program. I am in tears due to being able to say I am just overweight, and I feel phenomenal. I haven’t looked this good in years. I haven’t felt this good or this free to be myself in years. I am halfway to my goal weight.

To all those women and men out there struggling to find something that will work for them, keep going, keep trying and do not give up on yourself. It is OKAY to ask for help, it is okay to pay for help. I am getting my life back and I am proud of myself. You’ve got this.

submitted by /u/ssc2013
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tFK3Bk

No comments:

Post a Comment