Sunday, March 21, 2021

How do you practice being kind to yourself?

Hello all.

My whole life I've definitely had a problem of internalizing external problems and blaming myself for them. I think a lot of it came from my natural mental health, but also the things I heard and the way people treated me. Excluding the things other people have said about me, just generally I tell myself that I'm worthless because of my looks and my bad personality, I'm a weak and failure of a person, etc.etc. I treat myself badly by not allowing myself to dress nicely, go out and meet other people, and just generally live the life I want because I feel I don't deserve it.

After some recent life events, people started telling me to "treat myself kindly" as I was having a hard time but I don't know what that means or how to do that. I know Tyra Banks used to say tell yourself 1 thing you like about yourself every day until you believe it, but there weren't things I liked about myself. I used to have a jar full of compliments people had given me, but my mom threw garbage in it once (by accident) but it was symbolic enough for me to stop. Sometimes I dress up or do things I like but then I feel embarrassed or ashamed because I don't look good or I'm not good at those activities. Now with this weight loss thing it's the same thing, people say to "be kind to yourself" but idk how.

So I just wanted to know how people do that? Where do you start? How do you keep at it until something changes? How long does it take?

submitted by /u/Icy-Session-3956
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pfi64e

No comments:

Post a Comment