Thursday, March 4, 2021

Here I go again... but this time, I'm looking for some friends.

I am F/31/5'4". I currently weight 177 pounds. In Feb 2019, I was over 200 pounds, and I started my weight loss journey. It wasnt the first time I tried to lose weight, but it was the first time I was successful. I did CICO and a lot of walking and cardio, and within 9 months i had lost 60 pounds. I was so proud, and confident, and convinced I'd never return to my ways. I never did quite reach my goal (127) but I was down to 143 at my lowest.

Then came the pandemic, and the lockdowns, and my whole life went topsy-turvy. I couldnt get out, my kid was home all the time, my husband was home all the time. It was cheaper to just cave into their meals than eat all my carefully planned ones. I quit exercising. I started binging. I stopped weighing myself, measuring myself, taking photos.

Here I am, almost completely back to square one. I was 180 pounds on Sunday when I finally mustered the courage and strength to take control of my life again. I know I can do this, because I've done it before, but that doesn't take the sting out of it. I've gained 12 inches around my hips, 13 inches around my thighs... like what? Wtf did I do? How did I let it spiral this long? I'd be lying if I said I havent been an emotional wreck all week long. I'm trying to not beat myself up about it... but I'd be lying if I said I haven't done that, too.

I'm determined, though. I can and will fix this. This was just another step in my journey. An experience to learn from, and make adjustments so I dont crumple under such sudden life changes. But last time... I was really lonely. I dont have any friends where I live, and I could really use a friend on a similar journey to share experiences with. Someone to cheer on, and care enough to cheer me on, too. I'm hoping to find that here. Preferably someone close to my stats, but I wont be picky about that, either. I will say I'd rather the person be female, though. I've had a lot of creepy guys in my PMs last time when I would post my progress, so I'm leery of guys reaching out, sorry!

Here is my unprogress pic. Its so upsetting so see how this shirt used to hang off me, and now I'm back to this... I'll be back to that first picture hopefully around the same time frame. Here I go again!

submitted by /u/smw89
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3biswJf

No comments:

Post a Comment