Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Hiding food from myself: is this a good idea, or am I just using a band aid?

Hi, everyone. My name is Emma, and I'm a chocoholic.

Specifically, my vice is those gosh darn Cadbury Eggs.

Something that I've never told anyone is that when I would go grocery shopping alone, I would buy bags of Cadbury eggs during the Easter season and hide them to eat them. Sometimes, it would be a whole bag in one day.

I started my weight loss journey last April, and I've lost nearly 40 pounds. I'm 22, 5'5 and right around 135.

The Cadbury eggs started showing up in stores months ago, and I hadn't bought any until last weekend. They had a bag of the dark chocolate ones which I hadn't seen at the store, and I bought them, as I told myself I could have 1 bag this season.

They sat in my pantry untouched for several days, which was certainly a win. I opened them up a few days ago, portioned 1 serving into a bowl, and ate them slowly. They were delicious.

Although I could let them sit in my pantry untouched if the bag was closed, as soon as it was opened, I felt the urge to eat more. So I asked my husband to hide them. For the lastbfew days when they are in my plan, I've asked him to get me some. Since they aren't accessible to me, I'm not preoccupied with them. I don't feel the urge to search for them, either.

This arrangement has been working, but I feel pathetic. What kind of person needs their spouse to hide candy from them because they have no self control?

Is this training wheels--learning that its okay to eat a bit at a time because they aren't going anywhere if I don't eat the whole bag at once--or is this just some pathetic band aid?

Anybody else do this? Anyone have any thoughts?

submitted by /u/eleelee11
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PsgbJG

No comments:

Post a Comment