Saturday, March 20, 2021

Holy cow

Holy crap I just came to a realization and it helped me so much.

I've been steadily gaining weight from my former heighest weight from the whole lockdown thing and dealing with existential dread. But I never bought new jean sizes... I was trying to fit into a 12 or 14 and it was just NOT going well. To the point where I finally couldn't even button them. I had a moment of dread, sobbing, and finally acceptance.

I broke down and went to the store and just got some size 18W jeans. This was huge for me. But when I tried them on and they actually FIT me I felt so *good*.

Like, I've been trying to squeeze into these 14/16 jeans out of pure denial, but in doing so being constantly reminded of A) how much I've gained and B) how SLOWLY weight loss is gonna go. Like, yeah after a few weeks I'd still be in the too small jeans and feeling no different - the same shame, etc.

But now I feel like I won't be constantly reminded of my slow progress when I get dressed each morning. I won't be starting the day feeling like a horrible hopeless mess.

To anyone waiting and not wanting to up the jean size: just do it! I promise you'll feel more comfortable and have more motivation to stick with it!!

submitted by /u/Heterozygoats
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lAWKKX

No comments:

Post a Comment