Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Holy Crap, I'm at my goal weight!

Hello losers! After my first day of logging calories into myfitnesspal on 3/25/20, I am pleased to report that I have reached the goal my doctor has given me since I started seeing her 4 years ago, I'm at 175, a BMI of 26.6, and while not in the "normal" range, my doctor told me that it's a fine weight for men of my height and will be healthy for me. I definitely still have another 10-20 lbs left in the tank, and my goal now is to maintain between 155-175 going forward and get down another 10 lbs, holding muscle mass constant of course over the next 6-12 months. My original goal was to be under 230 by this time, starting on March 25th at 318, and weighing in in Feb 2020 at 333 and half trying for a couple months, I built in some setbacks into my timeline. But I had ZERO SETBACKS! I just gritted my teeth and plowed through the early phases of weight loss, when the work you put in pays off marginally for a long time, and man oh man was it worth it!!

Once I got below 250, every 5 lbs lost was noticeable. I bought 2xl's in June of 2020 when I was in the 270s and 260s, they fit me for 90 days, they were night shirts for 90 more days, and now they're just WAY too big. My waist size was 50 when I was in the 300s, it was only 48 at 250, but is 34 now at 175. The work you put in pays off, but not immediately, and that's what I've found is key to this, you just have to grit your teeth and put in the work in the first third of your journey through long weight loss. Like literally everyone else who's had success, I have no stories about a magic pill, or getting results by not putting in work. But I will offer some wisdom:

Dieting should be a challenge, but it should not be miserable. Do not restrict yourself. IF, Keto, and other diets work great for some people, and for others they fail miserably. I was in this category and recognized that previous attempts weren't working, they made me miserable, and I went back to old habits before I lost my 50th pound. Calorie counting was challenging, but I kept myself to a range. 1200-2000 at first, averaging 1600. Then I ticked it up to 1500-2500, averaging 1750. Then as I got closer to goal, I ticked it to 1750-2500, averaging 1900, which is where I currently am, and don't plan to change anytime soon. The average may tick up as I get close to/into the normal range, or decide to build more muscle, but it's all dependent on my TDEE and my fitbit keeping me in check with calories burned estimates.

Here's before and after (ish). I was around 200 in the after pic, taken around Christmas time if you couldn't tell by the decor. The before pic was February 2020, and I'm pictured right (obviously) in that one:
https://imgur.com/a/g9SIHa3

To illustrate my point above regarding the slow results initially, I was wearing a large polo in the after ish picture, 25 lbs ago that is now a little too big for me. I am comfortably a men's medium now. The difference between 2xl and 3xl otoh or 1xl and 2xl, was 40-50 lbs each. The results will come, keep grinding through what some have called "The Valley of Disappointment", the results are stored for later, they will come eventually. Keep at it, don't restrict yourself, find a diet and excercise routine that works for you and that will be sustainable long term. The lifestyle is longterm, but the calories you can eat WILL increase as you approach your goals and shift to maintenance. Go out there and crush it!!!

submitted by /u/MarlnBrandoLookaLike
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OjgmqK

No comments:

Post a Comment