Wednesday, March 10, 2021

12.7kg down so far. From 152.3 to 139.6 since mid January

I just wanted to share my recent weight loss that has brought a smile to my face.

Back in January, after a saga of my grandmother being in hospital and subsequently passing away, I stress ate to the high heavens undoing all the weightloss I achieved prior to Christmas. I got back to University and weighed myself and found I was 152.3kg. I was horrified and extremely upset by that. I knew I'd put some weight back on, because clothes were tighter and my knee pain had gotten a little worse, but not to that effect.

I decided then I was going to stop stress eating all together. I cut out all the fizzy drinks and sugary nonsense I was throwing into my mouth on a daily basis and decided that I was gonna change myself. I started eating lower carb, in the hopes of stabilising my blood sugar but with placement for my nursing course starting, I found I just lacked the energy to do my job properly. I decided I would eat my standard diet 3 days a week while I was at the hospital, as those are my most active days without a doubt, and keep the low carb on my days off, where I am much less active due to the Covid lockdown in place right now.

I have to say, I think this has been the approach I have needed and weighed myself today to discover that I had weighed in at 139.6kg. I've also been working out religiously and my body has been eating that up. When I was in highschool, I was an active kid. No athlete mind you, I've always was the big kid, but I did my fair share of sport. I played rugby, did judo, mountain biking, hiking and many more. Sadly, due to injuries (some from said sports, some from an RTA), I can't workout with that intensity. Luckily I'd been working with low intensity programs with kettlebells and discovered a dude called Mark Wildman on YouTube. Having used his programming, I am finding it is meshing well with my lifestyle and I hope to keep it applied as long as I possibly can.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my victory and ramble a bit about how I got here. My goal is to get to 95-100kg as that's what my body sat nice at when I was younger and very active, although that could change if I feel like it needs.

Thanks for listening :)

submitted by /u/SarkyJock
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3elPWzg

No comments:

Post a Comment