Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Today I crossed over the line into "Normal" from "Overweight" on the Wii Fit!

https://i.imgur.com/hAn2FM4.jpg

I know BMIs aren't the most reliable tool for health and weight, but in all my years as a Wii Fit owner I have always been categorized as overweight. Today I heard the "Normal" jingle for the first time!

Some background; I'm male, 24-years-old, and I reached my heaviest weight last Christmas at 96kg / 211lbs. The first week of January, I started intermittently fasting and exercising using the Wii Fit. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and the Wii was my first game console, so the Miis, menus and music bring me a lot of joy (even if exercising is a drag). I'm also an introvert, so exercising from the privacy of home is a plus. Today, I weigh 82.5kg / 182lbs.

For anyone thinking about purchasing or dusting off a Wii Fit, I totally recommend for it. I believe that most of my weight loss is because of the changes to my eating habits, but the Wii Fit has been a great tool for accountability. The balance games and dance routines mixed in with cardio and strength training are also surprisingly fun and sort of make you forget that you're working out.

I've still got a ways to go, but little milestones like this are great motivators to keep on keeping on.

submitted by /u/MakeNoiseMan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38v8B7Q

No comments:

Post a Comment