Sunday, March 21, 2021

How to stop sudden food cravings?

Sooo I (20F 5’3 169) have lost 41 lbs in the last year. For a little background, I lose weight at 1100-1200 calories at a decent rate of 2lbs/week if I exercise. I have PCOS and a slow thyroid so I REALLY only need 1200 calories a day, (don’t believe people who tell you it’s impossible to lose weight with a slow thyroid/PCOS, it just makes more difficult but still doable!) slightly less if I don’t exercise so please don’t tell me I’m eating too little. I also get blood work done regularly and keep my doctor updated. If I start to do vigorous exercise, my caloric allowance will likely increase by 200 calories or so and still be in a caloric deficit. I use Noom and Fooducate to track everything.

Basically I’ll lose 20lbs in two-three months but then get horrible cravings and plateau. I lost 20lbs between January 15th and March 15th with little effort, CICO and intermittent fasting but now I’m having AWFUL cravings at night for sugar and carbs. This happened after I lost the first 20lbs and then I totally lost the ability to continue losing for about 4 months and it takes all of my effort to prevent simply gaining the weight back . while I am still 40lbs down how do I end these cravings and make sure I don’t not lose anything for 4 months again? I will have absolutely no hunger issues while I lose the weight for a month or two and then all of a sudden I’m starving and my brain tells me that I want to eat an entire box of pasta (which I don’t but still I end up eating more calories)

I’m about half way to my weight loss goal and would like to lose another 40lbs by September or October. I’m especially worried because if I go home this summer for break from college, my family eats horribly and I fear I won’t be able to not eat what they eat. How do I toughen up and get through this?? I know it’ll be a lot easier to lose weight at 20 than at 30 so I’d like to get this taken care of now...

submitted by /u/No-Possibility6776
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c81VyL

No comments:

Post a Comment