Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Pants Saga, Part III: HEY, THEY FIT NOW!

Title says it all. Back in January I bought new jeans online, realized I accidentally ordered them way too small. (Ordered size 32, actually needed size 40). I could squeeze my ass into them but my stomach was hanging out and I couldn't pull the two sides together to button them no matter how hard I tried; there was a good 6-7 inch gap that would need to close. I took this as a sign from the universe that I should finally break the "buy new pants / get too big for the pants / buy new pants" cycle, and try losing weight for the first time in my life.

So I started CICO, started exercising a little bit, and 2 months later I've lost 26 lbs! And the pants fit!!! And it's not just those pants; I've got old pants I never thought I'd fit into again that I can finally wear once more. I've got some other old pants that still don't fit, but I'm now confident that I'll be able to wear them again one day if I just keep going.

I wasn't expecting the pants to fit so soon. I didn't start this journey with an end goal weight in mind; I just wanted to fit these pants. But I now trust this process so wholeheartedly that I think I could realistically get to a "normal" BMI in a year or two. I was in the middle of the "obese" range when I started, and I'm now 6 lbs away from entering the "overweight" range.

I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but wow, cico WORKS! It's amazing! It feels like I've been doing a crazy exciting science experiment for the past two months. I've learned so much about how weight loss works. This sub has taught me so much and I'm so grateful for it. Reading people's personal stories about weight loss has been really motivational and one of the main forces keeping me excited and interested through this all. So thanks, LoseIt!

F / 5'9" / SW: 233 lbs / CW: 206 lbs

TL;DR: My previously way-too-small pants now fit after I did CICO for 2 months. CICO works!

submitted by /u/OperationFitPants
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3f3SEK2

No comments:

Post a Comment