Tuesday, March 23, 2021

I finally have wrinkles!!

Stats: 26F, 5'3, SW172, CW120

First off, THANK YOU to this community for passively supporting me this past year! I have benefitted from reading about all the ups and downs in people's journey's and learned so much. I've been noticing I now have face wrinkles and if you told me five years ago I'd be happy about it I wouldn't believe it!!!!! To me my wrinkles show me: I'm smiling more, I'm drinking less (it bloats my face), and LASTLY that I've lost weight.

TLDR: former athlete who finally figured it out for themselves

I started my weight loss efforts last May after a total mental breakdown where I realized that I hated myself on the inside so much that I was actively trying to make my appearance match. I used to be a professional athlete and was a D1 all-american in college, and my whole life I had a very formal and professional relationship with my body and weight (I considered my body to be part of my "equipment" and was doing high intensity cardio at least 4hrs a day so weight was never an issue). In five years I gained 45 pounds despite staying in shape and working out a lot. It was very frustrating and embarrassing that I couldn't control my weight after retiring from sport like many of my friends and past teammates could. This past year I learned that [FOR ME] my weight is more dependent on what I put IN my body rather than how much I am working out (I workout strength/HIIT >30mins everyday for reference, but was doing that while gaining weight too; PS. shout out to Popsugar Fitness I love their class videos). I told myself while an athlete and the past five years that I would never look the same or be in ass good of shape than when I was working out 4+hr a day. But after a LONG year, can say that wasn't true (and I didn't have to workout hours on end to get there). Thank you again to this supportive community!

submitted by /u/gbgb11
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lMJxim

No comments:

Post a Comment