Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Unsupportive Family

Hi Everyone,

Checking to see if anyone else has been in the same situation as me and can shed some light on suggestions....

So I've had to move home since the beginning of the pandemic since I was living in a different country etc etc and provably gained about 1.5 stone during our lockdown(s).

At the start of the month I decided I needed a change. The only problem is my family are totally unsupportive of my goal and don't understand that weight loss = calorie deficit.

It's fine when I'm at work where I have control over my portions and healthy eating for breakfast & lunch & snacks.... but when I arrive home from work I am forced to eat what my family is having for dinner and even though I have pleaded with smaller portions, healthier meals or just cooking for myself it always ends up in an argument so I don't argue back but therefor I struggle to lose weight. They don't think I need to lose weight, I'm 5'1 and 129lb but really need to shed the stone I put on because of my height it has really taken a toll on me.

I don't want this to come across as ungrateful, obviously it's so kind to have a home cooked meal sorted for you every evening but it's really impeding my journey and idk what I can do or what I can suggest. (Moving out is not a viable option currently).

If anyone has experienced this and found a way around it I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/guptagrove
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3f4OXDX

No comments:

Post a Comment