Friday, March 5, 2021

I will not be discouraged by a plateau. I will not be discouraged by a plateau. I will not...

After 6 weeks of steady, robust weight loss, I hit my first plateau. For the past 2 weeks, I have kept on track with CICO but the scale has only gone down a total of 1.2 pounds.

Luckily, besides measuring progress with the scale, I have been measuring my waistline and bust-line. Both have gone down. That and my clothes fit a lot better.

In the past, I would get discouraged at this point and overeat something because, well, what difference does it make anyway? I'm just not meant to lose weight (or some other defeatist thinking). This time, I am going to push through and put faith in the process. Even if I don't get a magical "WOOSH" to validate my efforts, I think, "What if I do continue but only lose 24 pounds between now and the end of the year? I'd still be better off than where I am now."

Two road diverged in the woods. And I - I took the one less traveled by. And that will make all the difference. I hope so, anyway.

submitted by /u/TheRootofSomeEvil
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kLHc6N

No comments:

Post a Comment