Saturday, March 6, 2021

I'm no longer diabetic

This is a pretty big milestone in my journey. I was nervous before my Doctor's appointment because I hadn't lost as much weight as I had wanted since the last check in.

I ended up being 2lbs lighter than the last time I was there for an a1c check. Not great, but I can't complain about weighing less. Blood pressure was good so I was just waiting on the doc. He comes in and doesn't sit down like usual, which I found odd. Then he tells me my a1c dropped. "Good!" is what I thought in my head. A little drop is better than nothing.

Then he tells me it dropped from 6.9 to 6.3

And he says "You are no longer in the diabetic range"

I didn't know how to act.

He thinks the slowdown in weight loss is due to me starting to lift again, and wants to follow up with me in 6 months. I started with an a1c of 7.4 last September.

All I want to do is get off these meds, and that's a damn good update. Hopefully if I stick with my routine and diet I can go ahead and get back to a normal life. Feels good knowing the work I'm putting in is paying off.

submitted by /u/Corruption100
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3v2oNaj

No comments:

Post a Comment