Thursday, March 4, 2021

I’ve officially been in a calorie deficit for 30 days. First time I feel like I’m making smart sustainable lifestyle changes

26F here about 2 months into my journey but 30 days on serious mode. I gained a lot of weight in college/grad school... went from about 170 lbs to 270 by the time I got my graduate degree. Back in 2018 I decided to put in work through the gym and stop eating out so much and I lost 40 lbs over a few months but stalled around 230 lbs. Recently I’ve had a lot of stressful events and around the holidays went up to 242 lbs. I just said enough is enough, I need to get serious about this and make some changes. I can’t live like this, unhealthy and hating myself.

All throughout January I made efforts to move more and eat less but I didn’t track calories. I lost about 3 lbs but had some weak moments and gained the 3 lbs back before the end of the month. February rolled around and I downloaded my fitness pal and started getting serious. I’ve logged every bite of food or drink since then, aiming for around 1700 cals a day, and I’m down 9.2 lbs. I know this rate of loss won’t continue but I’m going to keep going with this deficit. I also have tried to add 30 minute walks or exercise to my day 5 times a week and that helps.

For the first time I feel like I’m making REAL sustainable changes. I eat what I want, including pizza, starbucks, McDonald’s, dessert, etc. I just make sure it fits into my deficit. I don’t feel like I’m restricting myself and I just generally feel great and healthy.

I was so scared of counting calories and becoming obsessed with numbers and food, but honestly since I started tracking I think about weight loss way LESS. I don’t have to worry because I know I will continue to lose weight as long as I continue to be in a deficit.

We can ALL do this. My goal is to lose 50 lbs total before my wedding in November. Can’t wait for the next 30 days of tracking and progress.

submitted by /u/reluctantleaders
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/309uyFb

No comments:

Post a Comment