Thursday, March 11, 2021

Just finished the Orange Theory Transformation Challenge

And I'm kinda disappointed.

I (23F 5' 7" CW:182 lbs) lost 3 lbs over the span of the 8-week challenge where I went to 3 1-hour-long OTF classes per week (after not working out consistently for a long time). 1 lb was muscle loss and the other two were fat, but somehow my BF% still went up a smidge (36.3% to 36.5%). I put a lot of work into those sessions and was burning ~600 kcal per class and felt like I was really making a change. I thought that even though I was weighing myself at home and didn't see a big change in weight, my hard work would pay off as a decrease in BF% when I finally did the InBody Scan at the end of the challenge. I know it's probably because it's very hard to eat healthy as a grad student and so I consume a lot of pre-made meals or frozen ingredient meals (Trader Joe's usually). I also have IBS so it's hard to find healthy meals that don't make my belly bloat (broccoli is a no-no, so are all beans, onion, garlic, dairy, and some other veggies). It's exhausting to meal plan when I have to look up if every ingredient is low-FODMAP/IBS friendly and since everyone has different reactions to trigger foods, there is no single "IBS Weightloss Diet" that I can just look at and do.

Does anyone have tips for someone in this position? Did it take anyone else a really long time to start seeing results? Any IBS weight loss tips?

submitted by /u/marylandsunflower
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3t8CMtx

No comments:

Post a Comment