Friday, March 12, 2021

Major SV and NSV on the same day... I could cry 😭

TL; DR at the bottom. Let’s get these stats out of the way:

24F / 5’9 / SW: 271 / GW: 160 / CW: 231

I know that compared to most posts here this might seem like a goal not worth mentioning, but today I hit exactly 40 pounds of weight loss. I was so happy when I stepped on the scale this morning; I’ve been working for months and months on getting my relationship with food under control, and now I’m actually living my life.

I’m waking up every day before work and walking at least a mile, I’m making healthy snacks like hard boiled eggs a staple, and I’m eating vegetables every day... I swore that I never liked Brussel Sprouts, now I realize that I just never knew how to cook them! (Did you know that their “leaves” make great veggie chips when roasted? Me neither until, like, 3 days ago!)

The NSV of the day? I got a job offer from a job that will allow me to move to an apartment I like, put myself through law school, and open myself up to a life I’ve wanted to live so badly for so long. I can finally quit the job that made me eat for comfort, I can finally quit the abusive bosses and insane quotas, it’s a relief I’ve never felt before. I have my health AND my life back. I almost cried on the phone when I got the call.

To have such a great weight milestone and then a professional milestone in the same day, I’m shocked. I’m relieved. I’m thankful.

If you made it this far, thank you. If you’re here for the TL;DR: I lost 40 pounds the same day I got an offer for my dream job.

submitted by /u/Oragami-Hot-Sauce
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OLWBYH

No comments:

Post a Comment