Friday, March 5, 2021

Nearly 5 years after successful weight loss and we’re back on the grind

Starting weight: 270 lbs approx.

Lowest weight: 153 lbs

Current weight: 192 lbs

Goal weight: 155-160 lbs

https://imgur.com/hbMNQh5

Not the usual progress pictures you’d expect but I promise this ends on a cheerful note :)

I had lost about 115 pounds nearly 5 years ago and I was pretty good at keeping the extra pounds off but then life happened and I gained 40 lbs back (15 of those in the last year thanks to the pandemic).

Quite frankly I was beating myself up over it up until recently, wondering how did I let myself get back here again but something in me finally sparked and I’m back on the weight loss train again. If I was able to lose over one hundred pounds before I can totally get these 40 pounds off again! So I downloaded MFP, I’m tracking everything closely and not only I’ve already lost 2 pounds but I’m starting to feel less bloated. It’s all so encouraging.

Sure it kinda sucks I have to do this again but that’s life for ya. It’s not all linear. As long as you remember to get back up and try again, you’re already a winner. Knowing I’ve succeeded before and trusting the calorie deficit gives me so much confidence I’ll get back to where I was 5 years ago. Every day I stay on track is a day closer I get to my goal and that alone is a victory in itself.

Thank you all on this reddit for continuing to be so inspirational and motivating. Here’s to hoping I’ll make a new post in a couple of months where I’ve reached my goal weight again!

submitted by /u/pumpkintat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3roAvKg

No comments:

Post a Comment