Friday, March 5, 2021

One Step Forward, Five Steps Backwards

Hi all! This is a bit of a rant but also a need for motivation I suppose.

For almost 2 months, I’ve done so well with my weight loss journey. I was eating extremely healthy, working out 6 days a week, drinking more water than a fish, and I loved it! I was always so excited to exercise or to plan my next meal. Seeing ab lines appear and my legs slim down was more satisfying than any dessert I could ever imagine. I was only 10 pounds away from my final weight goal, I had never been more motivated in my life!!

Then, I went to Miami... and listen, I did not at all expect to laze around and eat well over 1600 calories every day. I had my entire week planned out: I found healthy restaurants, had brought my tennis shoes, and packed tight outfits so I wouldn’t eat so much that I couldn’t fit into them.

Alas, all of that fell through.

For 7 days I slept, layed out in the sun, drank one too many margaritas (....or four), and spent an absurd amount on giant dinners. I kept telling myself “I’ll work out once I get back!” I’ll cut calories once I go home!” “I’ll do a juice cleanse!”

Welp, I’ve been home for about a week now and I’m still eating junk. I’m not joking, yesterday I ate an entire box of thin mints. I’m terrified to step on the scale.

I somehow managed to drag myself downstairs today and had a 40 minute workout planned, but I didn’t even last 15 minutes. I feel so weak. My abs have disappeared, my stomach is so rounded, my legs look exactly as they do when I started. I’m frustrated and depressed, and have no idea how to overcome this. I miss being my lively self and loving my workouts. I miss cooking my healthy meals. I miss confidently wearing whatever I want. And yet, I can’t seem to get myself to go there again.

Please help!

submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded-Term-27
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MPfgSO

No comments:

Post a Comment