Sunday, March 7, 2021

Regarding "cheat days"

Hey all, so I'm F23 (173m/5'8'', SW 100kg/220lbs - CW 68kg/150lbs - GW 60kg/132lbs). As you can see I've lost quite a huge amount (yay!) since October last year thanks to CICO (strictly no sugar, low carb), IF, walking and 2l of water every day.

I've had only 4 cheat days in the entirety of my "journey" so far, on occasions I couldn't avoid eating like NYE, my birthday etc. Cheat days for me were never a regular thing, because I found them distracting and I honestly couldn't trust my self-control since I'm a huge foodie. However since I've reached my first goal weight (70kg/154lbs), I've been considering having a cheat day/meal once in a while to satisfy my cravings. You see I've gotten so far, and now I'm a little bit tired :p

My life's situation is a little bit physically/mentally draining for me at the moment, and knowing my tendency to emotional eat I want to add some moderate cheat days so my cravings don't pile up and explode one day haha. I have a few questions:

  • How often do you have a cheat day? Is it an entire day or just one meal?
  • People who do IF, do you break your fast on your cheat days?
  • Do you have a caloric limit for your cheat meal/day? Do you go past your maintenance?
  • To fellow binge eaters: How do you control yourself so you don't binge on cheat days?
  • How has having a cheat meal/day been affecting your weight loss journey so far? Is there any noticeable mental/physical effect?

Thank you in advance!

(I honestly don't like using the word "cheat" because it makes it sound like I'm sinning and should feel guilty over it, but for now let's just let that slide :p)

submitted by /u/Tired_Broccoli
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qnXFyX

No comments:

Post a Comment