Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Relationships feel empty and people treat me different after weight loss

I hope this fits here, I think it does as it's directly related to my losing weight and I think others may experience it as well, if I'm mistaken, my apologies.

I lost a fair bit of weight in my recent years (80lbs or so), I'm a 20yo man.

(context) I went from what other people would probably call a 3 or 4 to.. maybe a 7? Idk girls ask me out, I'm 6'3 and slightly muscular even though I hold some weight on my face.

Anyways, all of my relationships, romantic and friendships (especially with women) are completely different now. Even men treat me different, I get picked for group projects, people ask me for advice, I'm just included in the rest of the world when I wasn't before... Everything feels super shallow, I went on tinder and got 20x my matches from when I first tried, and it made me feel disgusted. Its like my entire value as a person was down to my weight, or my weight stopped people from seeing anything in value from me before. I went a date with an older friend from a little after highschool and she made a comment "you're completely different, it's so good*". I haven't changed since then, I just lost weight. Its still me*.

It sucks realizing that everyone who will be with you wouldn't give you the time of day before, and would return to not giving you the time of day if you gained it back. Dating feels so incredibly shallow, before I lost the weight I blamed myself for being unsuccessful, and after losing the weight I just see the worst in everyone.

I was wondering if anyone else had experiences similar to mine, and how you dealt with it?

submitted by /u/IGotWeirdTalents
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rv6Y1B

No comments:

Post a Comment