Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Starting week 2 of my weight loss journey

I’m a 24 year old female, about 5’5 and teeter between 170 and 175. Current goal is 150 lbs and plan to reassess once I get there. As of Sunday after a week of 1500 calories and incorporating exercise I weighed in at 171.4 lbs. I feel like I look less bloated, which is definitely a win. I don’t currently have a tape measure but I plan on getting one and keeping up with inches lost as well.

I know working out isn’t supposed to be easy, but I really struggle with cardio. When I walk to the gym (approx 10 minute walk) my heart rate is already 130-140ish and by the time I get on the treadmill or a bike it climbs to 190 in no time (196 is my max HR). Even if I try to slow down or reduce resistance/incline it still seems like I can’t find a sweet spot where I’m sweating but also not feeling like my heart is pounding. I do have asthma but it does not feel like an asthma problem and I take my inhaler prior to my workouts. I’ve never been one to enjoy working out or physical activity but I do notice this past week I feel really “good” about myself after I complete a workout even if I end up cutting it 5 minutes shorter than I planned. I keep myself motivated by reminding myself even if I can’t complete the workout, it’s more than I was willing to do before.

In short, I’d really love some advice about working out both cardio as well as strength training. I do have some knee issues so I try and stay lower impact. I’m not confident enough yet to use free weights so I’d prefer recommendations for cable machines and things like that until I get stronger and have a good form.

submitted by /u/insomnia96
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OBj2QF

No comments:

Post a Comment