Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Stuck in a rut, going to adopt my mindframe from when I started losing weight 85lbs ago

Last year I lost 100lbs, then over the holidays and some "life issues" that I won't go into here, I gained 14 or so back. and BOY OH BOY has that been detrimental to my mental health. For the last 2 months I've been back into weight loss. Eating healthy. CICO. Exercise. But I seem to be losing and gaining back the same 5lbs and it is killing my motivation.

When I started off, BMI 41, depressed, unable to go outside without several layers of giant clothing, and shoving chips into my mouth, I didn't know where to begin. So I essentially gave myself a live-or-die month of doing everything "right" with no snacks, walking everywhere, just do it even if you don't want to. And it worked. And that month of hard work set me up with enough drive and determination to get to a healthy weight.

But.. here I am. Healthy weight, 35lbs to go, and no progress in the last 2 months. So I 'm going back to basics. I'm going to pretend I know nothing and restart. Pretend I don't know what I'm doing and get to my goal. I've never really gained weight before. I was always fat, then I lost 100lbs. But now that I have gained and can't seem to get back into losing... it is making me feel like a complete mess.

I am starting to see temptation/cravings (ie, eat a whole pizza and lay on the couch for 3 hours with my partner) as a challenge instead of an excuse to give up/give in. I'm using them as a push forward instead of a reason to sit still. I am really using the last of my motivation here to throw myself into this next month. Wish me luck. Have a great day everyone

submitted by /u/chunktw0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3chx5CF

No comments:

Post a Comment