Monday, March 8, 2021

Weight loss help

In August 2018, at only 4foot 7inches, I was 86kgs, prediabetic and the unhealthiest I’d been in my life. I decided I needed to make a change. At first I didn’t start with anything too dramatic. I reduced my food portions, ate less simple carbohydrates and exercised three to four times a week. At this point I was quite unfit and couldn’t do all that much in the way of exercise, but whenever I went to the gym I made sure that whatever I did, I would get my heart rate up and I’d make sure I was sweaty before I left. By August 2019, I had gotten down to 75kgs. Although it had taken me a year, I was so proud of what I had achieved and at that point, it was the healthiest and happiest I’d felt in my life. Throughout 2019 I continued with the healthier eating but became more stringent and focused on watching what I was eating and by this point could do a lot more fitness wise. I would run on the treadmill, go on long hikes, do lots of strength training. I tried lots of different things and found I enjoyed it all now that I was fitter. However in August of 2020 I’d plateaued at 66kgs. I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong. I never took a day off. I exercised every day for over two years and nothing worked. My GP suggested I try the Fast 800 program by Dr Michael Mosley. With this I would eat 800 calories a day within a 12 hour period. I did this from October to December and continued with my exercise but still I stayed at 66kgs. I feel like I’ve had every blood test done under the sun and nothing abnormal shows up. I’ve been to an endocrinologist. They can’t figure out why I’m not losing weight. I’ve looked a bit at theories around different body types and how if you’re an endomorph (which is how I would describe my body type) this can effect the way you lose weight. To say I’m at my wits end is an understatement. I can’t continue to maintain the momentum of reduced calories and strict exercise regime for my entire life. Especially when it’s no longer resulting in weight loss. Has anyone else been through something similar? Does anyone have any suggestions that I haven’t already thought of? I’m not adverse to hard work, I just want it to work.

submitted by /u/CharlieAcacia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ek3CLa

No comments:

Post a Comment