Wednesday, March 3, 2021

What are some of the expected or rather unexpected health benefits you've noticed after losing weight? What kind of health problems you managed to treat or potentially reverse with weight loss?

I'm 26 years old, male. I am heavily overweight – 186 cm (6'1") / 130 kg (286 lbs) – however, due to my bulky nature, most of the weight surrounds my belly. While I don't want to blame everything on one thing, my weight grew extensively over several years since I do suffer from depression which really messed my whole taking care of yourself philosophy.

I'm a very anxious person. So, as you would assume, I'm also a massive hypochondriac, but that has elevated to new heights since I lost a loved one due to health related issues last year. Of course, being stuck at home hasn't helped with that either. For example, I had a coloscopy done on me last month which turned out to be nothing.

While I don't have any serious diagnosed medical conditions just yet, there are some that manifested over the years, such as GERD, mild fatty liver, elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and all that. In short, all of my blood tests and regular check ups are showing that my weight isn't contributing anything to my long-term health.

I finally accepted the fact that the only way to beat my health anxiety is to actually start getting healthy. While I do want to look better as much as the next person, I have a couple of cosmetic health conditions that prevents me from having a better self-esteem about myself either way. So, I primarily want to feel and get more healthy, which is way more important for me right now.

So, for some motivational boost, I wanted to ask what are some health problems you managed to treat or potentially reverse with weight loss? Maybe something that seemed completely unexpected to you or you didn't even know you had.

submitted by /u/likeable_mango
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sNtToY

No comments:

Post a Comment