Wednesday, March 3, 2021

A Year of Lifting in Lockdown: SW (210) to GW (176).

TL;DR progress made this year: https://imgur.com/a/e1wsVCk

Long time lurker here, but I wanted to add my story and journey the past year through lockdown!

My weight loss journey has been sporadic over the past four years. I was at my heaviest in 2018 where I was around 230 pounds due to overeating from constant jabs from my coworkers that I was too skinny. After I gained weight, those same coworkers made fun of me for having gained weight. This hurt my self-esteem pretty severely. I eventually left that position, which was one I had strived for since being my childhood.

With a cratered self-esteem and a lull in employment in 2019, I tried to drop some pounds and get fit. It didn’t work too well. I focused too much on cardio and lifting and not enough on creating a strict diet. I was famished most nights and due to the deficit from an hour of cardio plus lifting while eating 1200 calories. I quickly lost 20 pounds. After two months of this, I began overeating and put back on 5 of those pounds.

I decided this didn’t work for me. I wanted to get muscle. I wanted to be thinner. I wanted to stop doing so much cardio.

And that’s what I did.

I almost completely cut out cardio in 2020. Instead, I focused on flexibility, form, and “jumping rope.” That’s in quotes because I didn’t own an actual jump rope until Christmas. I was around 210 at the start of this time

From March until October, I focused on eating 2000 calories with macros of Protein > Fat > Carbs. I hadn’t restricted myself on food and I’ve eaten dirty almost the entire time. Taco Bell, Popeyes, Chick-fil-A or some random take out around 7 times a month. The other days were a protein with veggies and a legume or other carb. My favorite preparation was a dry rub on a cheap cut of steak which was reverse seared and finished with a searing in the pan.

November, I am starting my cut around 195. At the end of the month, I am at 200. My SO and I got a CostCo membership and I may or may not have eaten a 40 count of Takis in 5 days before eating an entire bag of cheese in the middle of the night to avoid it from spoiling.

I restarted my cut December 1st where I followed a routine by /u/LukeatanPeninsula to the T. in my modest home gym of a power rack, a bar, 1 pair of 10,25,35,45 bumpers, and a bench. Here are some charts from Amazon Halo

Body Fat % Chart

Weight Tracked

Now some pictures!

WARNING Potentially NSFW + DEFINITELY SHITTY QUALITY + DIRTY MIRROR

October 2018

April 2019

June 2020 – October 2020

Amazon Halo pictures: November 2020 – February 22, 2021

Here’s January 2021 – Feb 2021

A preview of what I’d look like at 50% body fat

submitted by /u/Tucker-French
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bWgbtf

No comments:

Post a Comment