Thursday, July 15, 2021

100 lbs lost milestone!

27F 5’10” SW: 295 CW: 195 GW: 165-175

Before & current pics: https://imgur.com/a/T2UfetV

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Formatting on mobile, apologies!

I finally joined the century club! I started my weight loss journey in May 2020 when I needed to gain some control over my life during the pandemic.

I have the same story as so many here, overweight from childhood, and then treating PCOS with birth control caused me to gain another 50 pounds in only a few months when I was 25. At my highest weight I was uncomfortable, and unable to do the things that I loved, like hiking and roller skating.

I’m finally able to get back to what I love doing and it feels so amazing!

The deets:

CICO is king, and math is law. If you eat fewer calories than your TDEE you will lose weight. That said, there are days I eat three squares and balance my macros, and there are days where I eat a huge plate of homemade nachos and have a light breakfast and a snack for lunch. The difference is now I plan to eat the big plates and balance my other meals to accommodate.

The only sticky thing I noticed with CICO is when I plateaued, it was my body telling me I needed a break from calorie restriction. I know that sounds crazy! But three separate times in the last 14ish months I was on a long plateau that only broke when I eased up on tracking for a couple weeks. When I went back to tracking, the weight came off again. It probably won’t work for everyone, but what does?!

I also got my hormones in check my going off of birth control and taking a nutrition supplement to balance my levels. PCOS makes it harder to lose weight because of how it effects your hormones, so I credit a lot of my success to treating my underlying health issue.

Exercise was not a huge part of my journey, but I’m proud to say that I completed the Couch to 5k trainer twice, once to say I did, and once to improve my time! I’m no speed demon, but I can run the whole distance which is incredible compared to where I was! I also do yoga at home via YouTube videos, which has helped my strength and flexibility.

I’m hoping to be back posting here again later this year when I reach my ultimate goal weight! I don’t have a hard and fast line I’m looking for, but I would like to be in the normal BMI and feel strong and fit!

I have so much I owe to this community and I’m so filled with gratitude to finally be able to contribute my own successes here!

submitted by /u/lahb94
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3z1wZsH

No comments:

Post a Comment