Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Advice on perspective of food when facing urge to eat more

I was two weeks ago 137, it’s been the heaviest I’ve ever been at 5 feet and three inches height. I’m now down to 130. Goal is 120. I’m struggling with snacking despite following a close IF with two meals at lunch and mid afternoon sometimes I can do an OMAD depending on how much protein I get in that meal. Calorie intake is between 900-1200 depending on food and quantity. I do have a history in the past year to binge eat as a coping mechanism due to pandemic and stress from the past year (had a bad roommate and didn’t leave my room). My exercise can be pretty low as I have a stressful job but I’m trying to do better and gain more motivation to go to the gym. I meal plan for the week and only take those meals to work. However when I get home after the last meal, sometimes I’ll break down and have pretzels or a small drink. It used to be wine/bourbon but I’ve switched to one seltzer however I do my best not to drink on week days. I want to know if there is a mental technique to deter or have a better perception of looking at food before urging to intake more calories than you preplanned?

Some of the things I do is check my weight, diet journal to calorie budget or put on my “goal size clothes” (they can kinda zip now!) to remind me the purpose of my weight loss plan.

submitted by /u/Jeanie-Kay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xFEaGy

No comments:

Post a Comment