Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Losing the all or nothing mentality is essential

I have always had perfectionist tendencies and it’s got in the way of so much. Losing weight is the biggest one. I give myself so many strict rules, with no wriggle room for days where I go slightly over my calorie allowance or to have any cheat meals. It’s not just the diet, I force myself to have the perfect attitude to everything. Perfect workouts 5x a week. Perfect skincare routine. Always productive. So when I inevitably have a day where I feel lazy and want to skip a workout and have a little treat, I think everything is ruined. I tell myself I might as well start again when I’m in the right mindset. And then weeks will pass. I’ve never managed to stick to this routine for more than a couple weeks.

This time I am being kind to myself. I let myself go out drinking with friends on the weekend and enjoy a takeaway pizza when watching the football. But 90% of the time I am being good and in a calorie deficit. And the weight loss is still so impressive. It’s consistency not perfection. Be kind to yourself and listen to your body. You will have days where you’re more energetic, more hungry, more productive etc. Sure discipline is important too, but no one can be perfect everyday. I wish I realised this earlier!

submitted by /u/cazzayo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U4WMBi

No comments:

Post a Comment