Tuesday, July 13, 2021

How can you possibly eat 1 gram of protein per pound during weight loss? The math seems impossible.

6’1 male. SW 282. CW: 267. GW: 175

I’m 6 weeks into my weight loss journey , I’m down 15 pounds so far. Things seem to be going great.

I am lifting weights 3 times a week, riding a bike 5 times a week, and going on a few mile hike once a week.

I have heard you should eat 1 gram of protein per day for your weight . That would mean I need to eat 265 grams of protein a day right now. Literally my diet right now is vegetables + protein. And I am getting about 110 grams of protein a day on my 1500 cal diet.

To get up to 265 grams of protein; I would need to drink 6 proteins shakes a day. That would also add 840 calories a day and tank my diet. I simply don’t see how you can eat 265 grams of protein a day. Is that bad advice ?

submitted by /u/Fat2Thin2021
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U1s8ci

No comments:

Post a Comment