Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Can breakfast cereals be used effectively for weight loss?

Hello! First post here, so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

For the past 10 over years of my life, I’ve always consumed those sugary breakfast cereals for breakfast (usually at 7:15am, 8:30am or 9:30am depending on the day), such as Froot Loops, Trix, Oreo O’s and Fruity Pebbles, to name a few.

I know the problem with these cereals are that they usually have too much sugars, artificial flavourings and colourings, and are quite low in fibre. However, I’ve been able to maintain my weight of ~55kg for these past 10 years (I’m 19M, 180cm) and I actually lost 3kg when I recently weighed myself (I know, 52kg at 180cm is not healthy and I am considered underweight, which I am trying to work on too, but that will be for another thread in r/gainit), despite still having these cereals for breakfast.

I know each person’s body varies, and I know everyone has different ways they react to certain foods. For me, I felt that if I followed the recommended serving amount on the cereal box, which only amounts to 190-290 calories depending on the cereal (along with a cup of milk), then I can still meet my required calorie needs for the day, if I supplemented it with balanced lunches and dinners and continued my regular high intensity exercise that I do 2-3 times a week (I was trying to lose belly/neck fat in the past, which was why I went on a small fat loss program, but I couldn’t sacrifice my breakfast cereals as they were too convenient for me each morning).

Basically, what I’m wondering is that if one can consume the recommended calorie amounts stated on each breakfast cereal box, and also not feel hungry later on (for me, I didn’t, but I know some people do) in between breakfast and lunch, and continue with a balanced lunch and dinner (veggies, high protein, minimised oils, low carb) and exercise regularly, is it possible to be able to still enjoy sugary breakfast cereals only for breakfast each day?

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/Giraffatitans
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wTBy6R

No comments:

Post a Comment