Monday, July 19, 2021

Finally got a scale; and I've gained 15lbs :(

So i was expecting to have lost 15lbs. I'm down almost 2 inches on my waist since my last weight-in. But no. I've gained 15lbs. Not lost. Gained. 286 right now. Last weight in was 271. But my waist is down to 36 inches.

I do feel a bit disappointed. But I look better. I'm in better shape. Sometimes this is just what happens when you recomposition. Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time can result in very littel weight fluctuation. Theoretically 1% of your weight is about the max amount of muscle you can put on per week. 1% of your weight is also the recommended safe rate of weight loss, and honestly below that you'll start to really feel sick most of the time anyways.

So I'll have to take it in stride. And also of course remember water weight in such a large person can make a huge difference too. Last time i was weighed i was hungover and dehydrated. Right now I'm sore from the gym (water retention) and very well hydrated.

Why am I making this post? To remind everyone that the number on the scale is the product of a large number of variables. And ultimately it's how you look and feel that really matters. Not the number on the scale at all.

submitted by /u/davidducker
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ip44rL

No comments:

Post a Comment