Friday, July 9, 2021

For the first time, I liked seeing myself in a photo today

F, 5'0, 24, SW: 270 (HW: 280), GW: 140, CW: 198

I seriously started my weight loss journey on July 3, 2020; I'd tried to lose weight before, but never actually counted calories or anything, just ate "less" or "better" foods. Got onto MFP, cut out all soda that August (from drinking 3-4 a day, easy), etc etc

But even when the pounds started coming off I kinda still didn't really like "me", at least my appearance anyway. I don't like mirrors anyway, they kinda creep me out, but I never liked catching my reflection, or people taking pictures of me, or seeing myself etc.

I told myself I was gonna make my first post on here when I got into the "One-der Club", but when that day came (albeit not too long ago), I still wasn't really feeling it. I was happy to be losing weight, don't get me wrong, but I still felt kinda meh about myself. I decided instead to make my post when I got to my goal weight, so I could post before and after pics.

But today I went to take a picture to show my friend something (a toy for sugar gliders actually lol), and I realized for the first time ever in my life, that I didn't really cringe when I saw the pic, or want to instantly delete it, or even delete it after I sent it to them.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing "special" about the pic, I don't even have my hair brushed in it because I've just been chilling all day, but it was the first time a picture of me felt "normal". I really wanted to share this with you guys because I never thought I'd feel like that

Progress pic tax to show you guys how far I've come:
The first pic is from about 1.5 years ago ish, when a friend came to visit me (I'm on the far left), the second pic is from this morning (sorry for my dirty bathroom lol)
https://imgur.com/a/Mm21C4Z

submitted by /u/Jirvey341
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e1VbmA

No comments:

Post a Comment