Friday, July 9, 2021

Losing Quarantine Weight

I went on a weight loss journey in 2018 and had been super dialed into a regular gym and nutrition routine up until the pandemic hit. Now I’m ~20lbs heavier and way thrown out of any type of routine. I went back to the gym for the first time in a long time this week and it made me realize that I’m now essentially starting over. I had to lift a lot lighter weights and couldn’t get through as many sets as I used to. I became tired really quickly and felt sore afterwards.

I knew upon return it wouldn’t be the same after such a long time away, I think I’m just feeling disappointed at the thought of fully starting at the beginning again after making so much progress before.

Any advice for staying motivated while you are getting back into it? I’m trying to tell myself I did it once and I can do it again, and being able to go to the gym is a privilege that I would have loved to have all of last year. I’m struggling to stay on a routine, log food in myfitnesspal, and making a schedule that I can fully commit to. I get really in my head and find myself getting pretty discouraged every time I make a commitment to myself and don’t follow through.

Any advice or words of encouragement would be appreciated 🙂

submitted by /u/misznesbit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yBpFUm

No comments:

Post a Comment