Friday, July 9, 2021

SV or NSV? I went to the Doctor and they had to verify my weight because the system flagged it as an error.

Granted, I was lying. The scale hit 189.9 the day before leaving on vacation for two weeks (probably dehydrated); came back at 198; dropped back to 193 after two days back on the wagon. And I told them 190. So maybe not lying, but my absolute completely empty minimum. I was aware of every bite on vacation, and gaining more than two pounds over two weeks seems like a stretch.

Anyway, the nurse had to come back after I told them how much I weighed. Apparently the system doesn't like if you lose 40ish pounds since your last visit?

I'm not doing anything special, other than not eating and occasional exercise for fun. Six months of tracking everything became OMAD after I didn't have time for lunch a few days in a row, and I decided to run with it. I've found that OMAD (dinner) works best for me because I can't sleep if I'm hungry, and eating anything less than a "full" meal leaves me hungry no matter what I eat. The weight loss has slowed down a bit, but I feel like it's easier to adjust my daily habits to cut out eating while I'm at work than to tease myself with mini-meals throughout the day. I feel like OMAD is also more sustainable for me long-term.

I also came across this video a while back that goes over calorie counting vs energy density. The studies he quotes suggest that focusing your diet on foods that are low in energy density has more long-term success than strict calorie counting, and I can see that. It's not throwing away CICO, just another way to achieve it. And it's pretty obvious: focus your diet on fruits and vegetables, avoid high calorie foods.

So that's what I've started to do with myself. Meals are focused on vegetables with lean meats almost as garnishes. High calorie starches like rice and noodles are replaced with low calorie vegetable alternatives like cauliflower and cabbage. I've been tracking so long that I can estimate my meals within maybe 200 calories, which is close enough with a TDEE of around 2200 and a calorie goal around 1500.

submitted by /u/lawlawlandrover
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k42iii

No comments:

Post a Comment