Monday, July 5, 2021

How do you feel about people commenting on your weight loss?

I started CICO beginning of March. I have only just weighed myself but since then I think I have lost somewhere to to the tune of 20 pounds at a guess. The clothes I bought in winter are quite loose on me and last week I went to the clothing store to find that XL was too big. I still have a ways to go, thought.

Yesterday, I went to a July 4th thing and someone I have not seen in a year comes up to me and says, "You look good!" You know in that euphemism of losing weight kind of way and it made me bristle. Now, this is not a person I like all that much so I kind of felt like, "Who are you to get to praise me on my weight loss?" But if it was someone I know and love, say my sisters I'd be all, "Thanks, Queen" *preen preen*.

After thinking about it, it feels like someone commenting on my weight loss is one of those familiarity things. Like, I have a nickname but don't you dare assume to call me it until I give you permission. It is just too familiar. Commenting on my weight loss feels the same way.

Does this make sense to anyone else? I know. I have issues.

submitted by /u/hungrymaki
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ypZTCp

No comments:

Post a Comment