Monday, July 5, 2021

I'm Miserable...but hopeful.

I have constantly battled with weight my entire life. I remember being a child, and I mean like 5 years old and people commenting on how big my stomach was. I remember having family visit and they would constantly say as a "compliment" "My how big you've gotten." or "wow look how much you've grown. At the age of 16 I bit the bullet joined a gym and have been on this yoyo diet cycle ever since I've been up and I've been down. I've been every size on the planet earth and I am sick of it! This parallelogram hasn't been helpful either. Prior to(the parallelogram) I had been my goal weight of 144-150 and was able to maintain that. However the combination of a really bad relationship (which I am now out of thank gawd!!!), unemployment, bad employment, lack of a steady home, then a new relationship (with an amazing partner, who just happens to love to cook) and the aforementioned blight that has encompassed this earth, set me back, it set me back good. I have gained approximately 40 pounds over the course of 2 years effectively gaining back pretty much everything I worked so hard to lose. Reddit I'm being super hard on myself right now. I just don't know how to get back and stay on this horse again. It's not so much losing the weight that's the issue. It's the lack of trust I have in myself to make good decisions when it comes to my health. Ya'll I really don't want to get to 60 years old and still be constantly worrying about my weight. I want to get to a place where I can enjoy my life, eat the food that I like, and maintain my health and fitness goals. So this is all to say I'm starting back on this journey again.... and this is it for me. No more yoyo's, no more losing and gaining. I'm doing this in a sustainable way, and obviously I need help. Let me know what your suggestions are for initializing weight loss and then maintaining a healthy weight.

submitted by /u/Angelb_93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jMGzLt

No comments:

Post a Comment