Saturday, July 10, 2021

How to deal with impatience

Hi y’all. I am 28, 5’4” SW: 263 CW: 247 GW: TBD

I should preface this by saying that I have made peace with being plus size. My body is strong, provides for me, has an hourglass shape, and I’m happy with myself as I am. However I know that my long term health is at risk at this weight.

I recently got a new job where I walk a mile each way and healthy snacks/lunch are provided. I didn’t even notice 7-10 pounds dropping off in that first month. Once I did I decided to roll with it and integrate IF and it is working amazingly. I think I finally found something that works for me!

However I deal with intrusive thoughts telling me if I restricted more I could lose weight faster. I know this is unsustainable, unhealthy, and would pretty much kill my social life, so I override these thoughts. Also working it out in therapy. How do you deal with impatience to reach your goal?! I wish I could fast forward through this summer of hard work. I fantasize about the day I can show off my weight loss to my family. I’m certain I can get there at 5-10 lbs lost per month. How do I live in the now and not the future?

submitted by /u/xoxo10123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e48LWS

No comments:

Post a Comment