Monday, July 19, 2021

Low Calorie French Toast (USA)

Good morning!

I've discovered a french toast recipe recently using egg whites and low calorie bread that has been super satiating/filling for me. I have a HUGE sweet tooth so this also helps curve my cravings.

Ingredients: 1 Cup/216ish grams egg whites (I use Bob Evans or Great Value liquid egg whites usually), 2 tablespoons vanilla extract, cinnamon to your preference, 4 slices of low carb/low calorie bread (the brand I use is Sara Lee's low carb white bread and I do recommend using a white bread as so far this has absorbed the flavor the best IMO), Maple Grove's Sugar Free Syrup, ReddiWip Fat Free Whipped Cream - both 4 tablespoons.

The bread ends up being 180 calories (45 cals per slice), 12g protein & the egg whites usually end up at around 118 calories with roughly 23-24ish g of protein. I use 4 tbsp of the syrup and the whipped cream. You can add a cup of strawberries to this as well if you want for only an additional 50 calories to the meal.

Total macros: 318 (368 w strawberries) calories, 36g protein, 44g carbs.

There is supposedly a 0 calorie syrup by Walden Farms but I never see it at my Walmart, Smiths or Vans. I've experimented and added jell-o's sugar free/fat free Banana Creampie pudding mix to the egg white mixture as well and it came out awesome but it tastes good enough on it's own. You can add half a banana for about the same cals as strawberries too if you'd prefer.

Be sure to soak up as much egg whites as possible in the bread and if you have left over egg mixture, pour it over the bread slowly while it cooks so the bread can absorb as much egg white as possible.

Keep kicking ass on your weight loss journey!

edit: added the brands of liquid egg whites i use

submitted by /u/TakeItCeezy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wQi17e

No comments:

Post a Comment