Thursday, July 1, 2021

One month into body recomposition; 9lbs lost- a review

Hi r/loseit,

I'm not going to bore you with my life story. I used to train really hard, since Covid and college gained a bunch of weight and detrained like crazy. Previous lifts were 300lb bench, 515lb deadlift, 405lb squat. Essentially, I'm the perfect case for recomp; detrained lifter who gained lots of fat.

Anyways, this is a review of the last month in which I started recomping. Since being fully vaccinated, I started back in the gym. To my surprise, after not lifting for over one year and three months, I was still able to pull 315lb deadlift for clean single- not bad. I'm currently on PPL power building, combining strength compounds and hypertrophy accessories.

Honestly, this isn't as bad as I previously thought. I'm training 6 days a week with active rest on the seventh. I'm eating high protein, 2100cals and, from the 9lbs of weight loss, have been steadily losing 2lbs per week. I'm tracking EVERYTHING via food scale and MyFitnessPal. No strict diet, really just IIFYM with 80-90% "clean" foods and 10% junk. I don't even really feel like I'm dieting to be honest. I think I found what works for me. Previously, I would train like crazy and try to eat less than 1500cals a day- I felt horrible and would wind up binge eating. However, this feels sustainable!

In terms of results- I'm not going to see much in just four weeks. However, total bodyweight decreased by 9lbs. My lifts have also been steadily increasing. I feel as if I've gained muscle; my arms are more vascular and I can feel the veins on my forearms and bicep. In general, my clothes fit better. Previously, I could only do three rungs on my belt, now I can tighten it down to the fifth one! Overall I feel more comfy, more energetic, and basic everyday activities are easier.

If you read this far, thanks! Let's get on with month two!

submitted by /u/Maverick822
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3h7YkDi

No comments:

Post a Comment