Thursday, July 1, 2021

Hoping to help someone as many of you helped me.

Hello, this is Honmy. This is my first post ever on Reddit and probably the last one on this subreddit.

I’ve been lurking on this sub since I created the account. During this time I’ve read posts that inspired me to lose the weight I wanted, posts with people struggling the same as me, posts where helped me during my fights, my ups and downs, and I’d like to thank you. I’ll hopefully can return my gratitude by sharing my experience to the people who are currently losing the weight.

I don’t have a photo of when I was at the highest weight, but I got one of September 2012 where I was 105kg+.

I’ve struggled losing weight for 8 years. I yoyoed for like 3 times. Every time I’d got close to “goal weight” and I’d get it all back. Losing weight and regaining every single time.

I was 111 kg in July 2013, lost and gained weight till I found my way to lose the fat and get to the current way of 70kg in July 2021. This graph shows how my lose weight journey has been, and it was for sure a rollercoaster.

This last 2 years have been different, and no, not only for the COVID. I’d like to share you why it was different and hope this “tips” will help you too:

  1. Love yourself.

Whoever is reading this, you are beautiful person despite everything. You may not like how you currently, and I think I can understand as well. But you remain a valuable soul in this world. I say this to all people who starting the weight-loss journey, to all people fighting now, but mainly to all the people who gained it all back. It’s okay to fail, we are humans, there’s no man in this world that didn’t fail once at something, but for as long as you keep trying you will get there. I believe mind and body are correlated, if you want to improve one of this two things, you also need to work on the other one.

  1. Enjoy yourself.

This journey is not an all or nothing thing. In your life there will be social events and family dinners where you will be eating a lot. There will also be sometimes where you want to “binge-eating” the junk food, that pizza, that cake, whatever you are craving for. I’d say just do it, treat yourself. You know that it’s not that day that will ruin that process of losing weight. The next day the scale will say you got 3kg up, but as you return with your diet in 2 days you will probably lose all the water you accumulated. A man’s weight can fluctuate for like 5kg. A good diet is a diet that is sustainable for the rest of your life.

  1. Be patient.

The best things need time to mature. You probably didn’t gain all the weight you want to lose in 1 month. For example, I was basically obese since I was 6 years old and started my weight loss around 16 years old. I’ve been fat kid for 10 years. I believe trying to lose 40kg in 2 or 3 years should be acceptable. It’s also a visual benefit because losing the weight slowly, like 2 or 3 kg per month makes you keep the muscle and you don’t want to lose that. There will be a period where you just can’t get down that weight because of the “plateau”, but please, believe me, just trust the process: calories in and calories out.

Thank you for whoever read this post. I hope I had at least helped one person like the previous posts in this subreddit had helped me.

Weight loss, as it is life, will be difficult, that’s why we need to accept the suffering moments but keep focusing on the fun, happy part of it. I know you will get to the target weight you desire.

link for some photoes https://imgur.com/gallery/M37OQA7

submitted by /u/Honmy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UdIu12

No comments:

Post a Comment