Monday, July 5, 2021

Renewing my weight loss goals (-40lb, day 100) Should I reach for 150 lb. body weight? (~130 loss)

I have been chubby my whole life, which may be cute for toddlers but my bad habits have persisted into my teen years. I really struggled with personal issues this year and had a ton of Cs and Ds on my report card, and my eating habits did not improve.

During a particularly rough night, I decided that if I was gonna fail in school and become a hobo, I'd wanna be a jacked hobo. I thank myself for making that shallow dry joke, because it's the small steps that count in a long endeavor of self-improvement. Being forced to sit for 8 hours a day on online classes for almost a whole year took its toll to an undisciplined chum like me.

Three and a half months have passed and I have lost 40 pounds. My final grades shot up to a comfortable 4.7 honors GPA and although I am behind a lot of my mom's friend's kids, I am proud of the improvement. A lot of people want to lose weight so that they'll be hotter, pull in more people, or just to validate themselves to their friends.. if those things exist. I just don't want my grandmother to worry about me though. I am not that confident I'll look much better post-weight loss and my social life is practically non-existent now anyways, so if you are in the same boat as me then realizing that you have people who love and care for you can help a lot. It really is mostly a mental battle. I wash the dishes and clean the house everyday of my own free will, weight loss works wonders.

I am 6ft tall and went from 285 to 245. Even though the scale would not budge for 2 weeks at one point and even gave me heart attacks with sudden gains, I have always been pumped about self-improvement and am finally starting to hit the gym. I originally wanted nothing to do with my family regarding weight loss because I wanted to run on the fuel of my own resolve rather than outside influences, but I am not old enough to work yet so I had to open up to them about needing to go to the gym and thankfully they understood. My diet consists primarily of 3 sets of meals with rice ranging from half a cup to a cup in volume, typically on 300s to 400s of calories. No, I am not giving up rice >:(

My goal was to hit 185 pounds, but after careful consideration I am wondering if I should change that goal to the 150s. My appearance has not changed much at first glance and I do not think another 60 lost would be much better. Not to mention a BMI of 25 is practically bordering overweight. I think a BMI of 21 (6ft 150-160lb) is perfect, especially for a 15 year old adolescent who tied with a dude half his weight in an arm wrestle back in middle school (alarming!) I do not want to sound like a certain Austrian man with a mustache, but races have subtle biological differences that can make a ton of the difference health-wise. Although most are skinny, obese Asians (Oriental) are apparently more at risk than other groups to diabetes even when on the same BMI as others. I just want to be healthy.

If you guys know a more effective way of burning more calories, I am all ears. I do not care about loose skin as long as it is still a healthy rate of weight loss. I go on a little faster than 2 pounds a week, maybe about 2.5 because I go by a daily calorie expenditure of 1600, assuming I live completely sedentery lifestyle (not too far from the truth tbh) and my only exercise is cleaning and doing bicep exercises with pathetic 10lb weights. I just want to be more athletic for sophomore and fully for junior year. Gotta have a backup just in case middle school remains my academic peak 🤣

*Apologize for the messy writing, i started writing at 4 am

submitted by /u/Reviver_Hunk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2V3FXqx

No comments:

Post a Comment