Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Slow and steady weight loss, celebrating small achievements

It's been 30 days since I started my weight loss journey! I'm slightly overweight when I started (170cm, 75kg, BMI 26.0), and I've lost quite a bit of weight when I weighed myself today (70.4kg, BMI 24.4). used to think that losing weight is about exercising more, but I'm fully convinced now that it is simply about eating less and eating healthier.

I've always had a sweet tooth, and so I consume a lot of sugary drinks after meals. I do so less nowadays, and when I feel that same craving, I have fruit juices (0% sugar added) to curb that craving. In the day and in between meals, I drink as much water as I possibly can. Going to the toilet repeatedly is less of a hassle now that we're mostly working from home.

The salty snacks I used to eat in between meals have basically been replaced by lots of water and small-packet portions, which makes it much easier to stop. Instead of cooking something late at night for supper, I've changed to instant oat cereals or greek yoghurt mixed with strawberries, blueberries, and granola.

On the weekends, I let myself eat more of what I usually does (i.e., unhealthier stuff) because I love food, and there's no way for this whole calorie-counting to be sustainable if there is no light at the end of the tunnel. However, even though I've self-designated "cheat days" to be on the weekends, I felt like my appetite has shrunk drastically. So I no longer over-eat, even though I still get to eat what I like.

I started counting calories for the first 2 weeks to get an idea of how to keep within the recommended daily caloric intake, but I've not been doing so for the last 2 weeks. I just weigh myself everyday, drink lots of water, eat normally but with healthier alternatives, and the weight keeps dropping (slowly).

I think my main takeaway from this is: (1) weight loss does not have to feel torturous and can become part of your lifestyle, (2) if you love food, look for healthier and tasty alternatives (there's some experimenting involved), and (3) drink lots of water to curb your appetite throughout the day!

I'm pretty proud of myself for this, just wanted to share! My target weight is 70kg, 65kg, then 60kg (I'm breaking them up into parts so I have something else to look forward to).

submitted by /u/PooCheeMeow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wQ30lT

No comments:

Post a Comment