Sunday, July 18, 2021

So apparently my scale is trash and a reason why I'm struggling with body dismorphia

I'm afraid of the scale. I always tried to be as rational as possible about it. I just wanted to collect data, to see if there is progress. I recognise weight loss also through the way my clothes fit and how I actually feel. Stepping on the scale is not everything, but one option to get a sense of control.

2 years ago I got a renpho scale. It seemed accurate and over a period of time I lost 5 kg and the data seemed reasonable. Then over the last year I gained weight. The scale showed a huge gain actually, a gain that didn't feel like that much actually. I began questioning my feeling about my body. I was shocked, afraid to go back on it again. After really hard trying to lose weight again the scale did move but was still very high and I felt so disencouraged. It didn't make any sense, I felt depressed and thought, ok, thats it. Thats just the weight I have now and I can't change anything about it.

But that was a lie! I'm not on a strict diet anymore, I felt like I gained weight again. But when I stepped on the scale at my parents I actually weighed 5 kg (!) less than on my own scale. This is a huge difference for a woman who is 165 cm and thought she weighed 71, not 66 kg. Like wtf. Apparently I lost a huge amount of weight. Can't say how much exactly, but I lost at least 2 clothes sizes.

I know you should not let the scale dictate how you feel and it doesn't show the whole picture, the body composition. But damn. This messed with me mentally. So please, if you want accurate data, get yourself a good scale or go to the doctors, or trainers or other places with scales to check if the numbers make sense.

submitted by /u/birgit0609
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rjUVEQ

No comments:

Post a Comment