Thursday, July 15, 2021

Started weight loss journey... how to stop body shaming myself

Hi guys, I just want some advice regarding my situation. I'm 30/F and have gained a considerable amount of weight through the years. But before that I was already a little bigger than my peers but I never really thought bad of it.

Now that I'm getting older I want to live a healthier lifestyle. I'm starting slow by lessening the carbs and having a food diary, and I'm already pretty active so I just need to start increasing workouts. The problem I have is with my self-worth. The more I try to tackle weight loss the more I am confronted with the fact that I have..let myself go. It's hard to look at the mirror now - it's like I'm finally seeing the truth and it's hard to accept. I am fat. I have been fat for a while. But it's just now, in my attempt to be better, that I realize how awful I've been to my body. I'm keeping an emotional eating diary now and I am just confronted with how horrible I was with myself. It's so hard to cope. And these negative thoughts about myself make me, sometimes, not want to pursue this weight loss journey at all. It's so bad. How do I deal with this? If you have any experience in this, please share how you have overcome these thoughts. Thank you.

submitted by /u/hnngrm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3r9Yk9g

No comments:

Post a Comment