Saturday, July 17, 2021

The constant thoughts of weight loss are exhausting...how do you find a balance?

I think one of the reasons I have fallen off the wagon so many times in the past is that when I am losing weight, I'm thinking about losing weight constantly.

I have to always be aware of my meals and calories, either planning them in advance or making sure my meals and snacks leave enough for the rest of the day. I am loosely monitoring my macros, so I'm aware that I'm eating too many carbs still. I'm trying to plan my next grocery trip to lower my carbs but increase my protein but increase my fiber. I'm looking for motivation and feedback and helping others and combatting loneliness by joining groups and subreddits like this one. Etc...

Weight loss is mentally exhausting just as much as it is physically exhausting.

So, I'm wondering how you guys find a balance in your life? How do you stop yourself from constantly thinking about your weight loss? How do you exercise so that you're not always concerned about calories burned? Do you do hobbies all day, or work to distract yourself?

Most of my hobbies are sedentary activities like reading or crochet, so I always feel guilty if I'm choosing those things over going for a walk to burn more calories. Gardening and hiking are my more active hobbies, but it's been raining here for two weeks straight and I haven't gotten outside.

submitted by /u/LittleSquirrel8659
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xP4Pkm

No comments:

Post a Comment