Thursday, July 15, 2021

What I learned while losing 2st

My weight loss is still in progress and will be for some time. I started at 20st 8lb, I’m currently 18st 8lb. Here is what I learned in that time:

  1. It’s not all about calories. It’s also about what those calories are. Eating diet sodas will mess with your weight loss because it will mess with your insulin level, which is the mechanism your body has to store fat.

  2. Some foods are straight up toxic. Seed oils and quantity of sugar are the major ones on my list. I reduced my sugar intake to around 30g a day and cut all seed oils from my diet. The result was massive reduction in food craving and skin pigmentation on my body which looked like sore skin disappeared and turned to normal skin colour. Apparently this is a sign of insulin resistance.

  3. Processed food is addictive. It contains the above 2 ingredients that make it addictive. Getting rid of it from your diet is half the battle.

  4. I’d assumed everyone feels crappy and bad every day. That is not the case. After removing the above food from my diet my health and energy improved. I was able to easily work out 3 times a week. My mental health and anxiety improved. I feel much calmer generally now.

  5. If you choose pleasure over happiness, you will be unhappy. When you pick junk food and eat it, you release dopamine to your brain. Dopamine suppresses seratonin, seratonin is the happiness hormone.

  6. It’s a lot easier to jump the hurdles when they’re at the normal height. Without changing your bodies biochemistry you are fighting a battle against yourself which is much more difficult to win. If you change what you eat you work with your body instead of fighting against it and the challenge becomes one you can win.

  7. Know when to ask for help. If you’ve tried every diet and failed, your way doesn’t work. Try somebody else’s. Get help from a doctor or healthcare professional because it’s easier when not done alone.

submitted by /u/pamziaw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wJhcwY

No comments:

Post a Comment