Monday, July 19, 2021

Why is it difficult to lose weight while exercising for me.

I just don’t understand why it’s difficult to lose weight while I’m doing strength training and HIIT workouts. I’ve lost only 11 pounds in 3 months, although on average that’s about less than 1 pound a week, I lost majority of that in the beginning before working out and eating 1200-1300 calories. Since starting HIIT, there are weeks that go by where I don’t lose any weight. There was about 6 weeks where I didn’t lose any weight, then I broke my plateau and lost 3 pounds and now the scale stopped moving again. I eat about 1300-1500 calories a day.

I’m not seeing any changes on the scale, but my clothes are slightly looser and I am becoming stronger but I’m still fat. My stomach is the same and my arms are still big (big problem area for me). I’m not seeing any changes physically but I am growing some muscle. But I’m just getting impatient about everything because my fat is still there. I’m considering stopping HIIT and strength training and just stick to eating 1200- 1300 calories like I was before. I consistently lost weight, at least 1-2lbs a week.

I think maybe I should focus on just fat/weight loss, then focus on strength and muscles, because it’s not working well for me doing it at the same time. I’ll pick it up again once I’m closer to my goal weight. Someone did mention that your body gets used to eating 1200 calories and could become my new BMR (or TDEE?) if I’m only eating that amount of calories. Is this true?

My current regimen: Cardio HIIT 3x/week, Strength Training 3-6x/week, 1 rest day, Calorie Intake: 1300 -1500

And yes I do track everything that I eat. This last week I ate at the higher end of that range on most days because I just felt so hungry, and I wanted to see if I can still lose weight on a mainly 1500 calorie a day diet. Didn’t lose anything this week at all. I’ve also tried eating at a higher calorie for two weeks before while working out and still nothing.

submitted by /u/Kati1998
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3itu3ya

No comments:

Post a Comment