Saturday, July 10, 2021

Why must my spouse denigrate my weight loss efforts?

My spouse used to be supportive and understanding of my weight loss efforts. Now he's snide and mean about it and I don't understand why. It started out as little comments here and there and has just escalated. For example, the other night we had taco night. Everyone loves taco night, right? Including me. But I'm monitoring my kcal intake, so I measured out what I was going to eat and logged it. Then I enjoyed tf out of two soft tacos and was satisfied. Cue the sarcastic comments about how I'm starving myself, I can't even just be part of taco night without the damn food scale, and worst of all, how I'm setting myself up with neuroses and how is that going to affect our kids. WTAF? My husband is a very big and heavy guy, so I'm wondering if this is just coming from a place of insecurity, or if this is just his way of sniping at me because we're having other issues. Either way, I don't know what to say to him to tell him to cut it the fuck out without starting a big fight I don't feel like having. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/KatoftheKnight
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AP154p

No comments:

Post a Comment