Saturday, October 2, 2021

NSV: I added new holes to my belt

30F 5’9”

SW: 270 lbs CW: 248 lbs GW: 175lbs

I made a new friend recently who does various crafts including leatherworking. I asked them to punch some new holes in the belt I’ve had for the last few years, because I’ve lost enough weight for it to become too loose on the smallest hole!

They added six new holes and going down by one is enough for now, but in addition to feeling good about my weight loss I feel good about being confident enough to make plans to lose more.

I have enough clothes in storage from when I weighed less that I probably won’t have to buy new clothes for a while (I hate clothes shopping), but my pants were starting to fall down.

I lost the first 15 lbs by counting calories with MyFitnessPal, and eating more volume in fruit and salad. I stopped because I’ve had a bad depressive episode lately and I want to focus on recovering from that before emphasizing weight loss, but I feel like I learned some good lessons about eating only what I’m really hungry for when I was counting calories. I have also been cooking more and eating more fruit since then, and my weight has continued to go down. I’m talking to my doctor this week and will ask her for advice on sustainable weight loss while also taking care of my mental health. It’s an odd balance, and I definitely want to put my mental health first, but I also want to celebrate what I’ve accomplished in terms of weight loss recently.

submitted by /u/BeauteousMaximus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ot0fXm

No comments:

Post a Comment